SPNN Nurses: Fill Out Staffing Objection Forms
RNs are filling out staffing objection forms because...
- Preceptor forced to take on own patient assignment, leaving preceptee alone and unsupervised
- Orientee had to assist with epidural unsupervised
- No breaks. Why? Supervisor said, "I have no staff."
- Late lunch - felt lightheaded and tired
- Patients being passed repeatedly from nurse to nurse, without proper report or care, while staff assignments are juggled and a primary nurse is found
- No second RN or OB tech for delivery
- Only two RNs and one CNA for seven patients in L&D
- No break AND no meal for second shift in a row
- Delays in requesting additional staff
- Patients having to wait in lobby for admission as no staff available
- Resource forced to take on own patient, leaving unit unattended
Patients are our priority! Let Sharp know!
Fill out a Staffing Objection Form and fax to (619) 280-7406.
For more information, contact SPNN staff representative Linda Meyer at 909-344-0920 or Linda.Meyer@unacuhcp.org