Info: Acknowledgement of Wages & Benefits Form
On December 9, 2014, UNAC/UHCP and PRNA Officers met with Parkview CEO Steve Popkin and his Administrative staff to bargain the effects of changes that occurred when Bargaining Unit RNs were instructed by Parkview to sign the “Acknowledgement of Wages and Benefits” form on November 20 and 21, 2014.
The Union provided a Proposal to management that we believed would remedy the situation. CEO Popkin verbally rejected the proposal. After additional discussion Steve Popkin and Parkview’s attorney confirmed the following:
• The Acknowledgement of Wages and Benefits form is NOT A WAIVER of any rights.
• Signing the form was VOLUNTARY for Parkview staff.
• The Acknowledgement of Wages and Benefits form will only be used for a Parkview audit.
• Parkview’s attorney encouraged any bargaining unit member who believes they are owed any money or benefits to contact payroll department even if they signed the form.
• CEO Steve Popkin apologized for not providing notice to the union of the intent to ask bargaining unit member to sign the form.
• CEO Steve Popkin stated further that he would notify the union in the future prior to implementing any action that may impact wages, hours or working conditions of RNs.
For questions regarding the above or if attempts at resolving your issue with payroll are unsuccessful, please contact a PRNA Officer for assistance.