FVPA Bargaining Update: February 4, 2016
At the second round of negotiations on February 3 and 4, your bargaining team steadfastly represented your interests at the bargaining table. We thank FVPA members for coming out to support our team and for participating in team discussions. Here are highlights from the two-day session.
Tentative agreement was reached on the following issue:
Article 12 - Floating
- We addressed the issue of patients in holding beds outside of their assigned unit or department. The RN assigned to the patient(s) in the holding unit/department will receive orientation prior to caring for the patient(s). Such an assignment will count as a float.
- Language on floating divisions was enhanced.
Complete proposals were presented on the following:
Article 13 - Compensation
- Place all members at the appropriate step on the wage grid.
- Increases in wage rates, per diem rate, shift differentials, on-call rate, education incentive, specialty certification incentive, RN weekender rate
- On the Nursing Clinical Ladder, upon successful completion of Registered Nurse Clinician II, advance placement into the RN II wage grid step
Article 15 - Benefit Plans
- 401(k) employer matching increase
- PTO accrual schedule to be included in the contract book
A strong contract does not just happen on its own! It takes all of us working together, talking to our co-workers and participating in the bargaining process. We need to show our support by attending bargaining sessions.
PLAN TO ATTEND BARGAINING!
March 14, 15, 22, 23 & 24
10 am - 4 pm
Los Caballeros Sports Club
17272 Newhope Street | Fountain Valley, CA 92708
CLICK HERE for a PDF version of the bargaining update.
For more information, contact Staff Representative Minerva Aller-dela Fuente at (562) 201-9992 or Minerva.AllerDelaFuente@unacuhcp.org